Detailed Look at Bella’s Wedding Dress + New Stills!Nov 28th, 2011 | By Stefanie | Category: Featured Articles, Movie News, Videos
Thanks to Summit we have some brand-new HQ stills that give us an up close look at Bella’s wedding dress, and interesting tidbits about the work that went into creating this stunning dress!
Seeing Bella’s wedding dress come to life in this installment of THE TWILIGHT SAGA was one of the more highly anticipated moments of the franchise. Stephenie Meyer says, “My favorite designer, Carolina Herrera, did the wedding dress. I wanted the dress to be something special, not something that you’re going to see every day. I love what Carolina did with it, she came up with a stunning concept. It’s similar to what I envisioned, but with added elements.”
- Stephenie Meyer & Director, Bill Condon selected this design out of ten sketches that Ms. Herrera submitted.
- The wedding dress is handmade and took Ms. Herrera and four seamstresses six months to complete.
- The wedding dress was custom fit for Kristen Stewart.
- The dress is made out of crepe satin and French Chantilly lace
- 152 buttons line the back of the dress and there are 17 buttons on each sleeve
- Ms. Herrera designed the back of the dress to be a surprise, and she considers it very romantic.
- Ms Herrera plans to include the design in her 2012 collection and it will be available at her CHNY boutiques next year.
- The estimated value of Bella’s wedding dress is $35,000.
- The bridal dress company Alfred Angelo will be selling a replica of the dress in select stores retailing at $799.
Check out these two videos, via HypableVids, which include an interview with Carolina Herrera and a behind the scenes look at the making of the dress: