Kassie & Kallie @ BordersMar 11th, 2009 | By Kallieross | Category: Featured Articles, Site News
Yes you heard that right! We will be at Borders in Allen, TX for the Twilight DVD Release!
Here is the Official Press Release…
‘Twilight’ Fans Will Fly to Borders March 20 for Midnight DVD Release Parties
“Borders Twilight Movie Awards,” trivia, raffles and more await fans
ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 11, 2009 —“Twilight” fans are invited to Borders stores nationwide March 20 as the retailer rolls out the red carpet beginning at 10 p.m. to host special “Twilight” DVD release parties featuring the “Borders Twilight Movie Awards,” created in collaboration with Summit Entertainment, the film’s producers. The movie’s biggest fans will select the winners of the “Borders Twilight Movie Awards” at each Borders store in 10 categories, such as “Best Bella-Edward Moment,” “Best Vampire” and “Best OME (Oh My Edward) Moment.” To cast their votes, fans simply download a ballot at www.bordersmedia.com/twilight, complete it and bring it with them to the midnight release party. Award category winners will be announced at the end of the evening, but not before fans can view a specially created DVD from Summit Entertainment featuring an exclusive videotaped message from the “Twilight” cast welcoming everyone to their local “Borders Twilight Movie Awards” ceremony. All movie ballots collected will be entered into a “Moments of Twilight Raffle,” sponsored by Summit Entertainment.
In addition to the “Borders Twilight Movie Awards,” fans will have a great time enjoying a host of activities designed specifically for die-hard “Twilight” followers:
- Vampire Baseball-themed “Twilight” Trivia Sponsored by Twilight Lexicon —Fans won’t need a bat, ball or superhuman strength to participate in this event. Two teams will go head-to-head in nine innings of mind-twisting “Twilight” trivia. In the bonus “Grand Slam Lightning Round,” fans can really show their “Twilight” prowess when they answer trivia questions supplied by Twilight Lexicon. At the end of the game, one MVP—“Most Vampiric Player”—will be selected from each team.
- “Twilight” Scavenger Hunt —Twilighters should come prepared to scour their Borders store for “Twilight”-themed clues. A passion for winning and an extensive knowledge of all things “Twilight” are requirements for this “vampirific” activity that is sure to get the adrenaline pumping.
Borders Twilight Parties — 2
- “Moments of Twilight Raffle” Drawing Sponsored by Summit Entertainment—Just before the “Twilight” DVD officially goes on sale, Borders will draw 10 winning ballots from all who entered locally and present each person who submitted the ballot with an exclusive photo card provided by Summit Entertainment. Each photo card, direct from the Borders exclusive “Twilight” DVD, features an iconic image of the “Twilight” cast from the movie. Raffle winners will be encouraged to share their favorite “Twilight” movie moment with the crowd of fans gathered at the store.
Leaders of the Most Popular Fan Sites to Celebrate at Borders
The superfans behind the top fan sites – Web sites like Twilight Lexicon, Twilight Series Theories and TwilightLive – recognize that Borders stores will be the places to be on Friday night, March 20, as they count down the final minutes until the DVD goes on sale. On the big night, only Borders will host five of the nation’s leading fan sites as they help us celebrate the release of “Twilight” on DVD. Webmasters of the following sites will appear at Borders stores:
- Twilight Series Theories at Borders in Allen, Texas
- Twilight Lexicon and TwilightLive at Borders – Penn Plaza in New York City
- Twilight Lexicon at Borders – Westend in Nashville, Tenn.
- TwilightSource and Twilight Facebook at Borders in Westwood, Calif.
At the Penn Plaza and Nashville parties, leaders from Twilight Lexicon will participate in the festivities by challenging attendees to correctly answer trivia questions they created during the “Grand Slam Lightning Round” of Vampire Baseball-themed “Twilight” Trivia.
Borders’ Exclusive “Twilight” DVD
While supplies last, Twilighters can purchase an exclusive Borders two-disc, limited-edition copy of the “Twilight” DVD presented in a deluxe tri-fold rigid case. The front cover features a pattern of tree branches foil-stamped on the matte finish packaging, creating a beautiful tone-on-tone image that highlights the movie’s logo. Upon its release, the Borders-exclusive two-disc “Twilight” DVD will be $29.99, a savings of 25% off the retail price of $39.99.
The exclusive DVD, available for purchase while supplies last, has a number of special bonus features that fans can find nowhere else except Borders, including:
· Exclusive interviews with Robert Pattinson (Edward), Kristen Stewart (Bella), Cam Gigandet (James), Edi Gathegi (Laurent) and Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria) that were recorded during Comic-Con in San Diego.
· Exclusive red-carpet footage from the global movie premiere in Los Angeles, and a re-edited version of the Borders Book Club episode that features author Stephenie Meyer discussing the phenomenon behind the Twilight Saga.
· A set of 10 exclusive photo cards, which feature images of the cast. The 7-1/4-inch-by-5-3/8-inch photo cards are printed on a heavy pearlescent stock, giving the cards a rich, beautiful shimmer. The DVDs and photo cards will be elegantly presented in a deluxe tri-fold rigid case that is exclusive to Borders.
Borders Twilight Parties — 3
Customers who want to purchase the Borders exclusive limited-edition DVD at the parties should arrive early to receive a wristband, which guarantees the opportunity to purchase the special DVD. Most stores will begin distributing wristbands when they open the morning of March 20 and will only provide wristbands for as many exclusive DVDs as are available for purchase at the store. Again, because supplies of the exclusive DVD are limited, customers are encouraged to come to the stores early to receive a wristband. If customers are unable to receive a wristband, they can, of course, purchase the regular “Twilight” DVD.
“We have put together an amazing line-up of activities and entertainment for our ‘Twilight’ DVD midnight release parties,” said Anne Kubek, executive vice president of Merchandising and Marketing for Borders Group. “These activities were designed with the true fan in mind—the customer who lives and breathes all things ‘Twilight.’ From the parties, to the books, to an extensive selection of ‘Twilight’ products, to the soon-to-be-released Borders exclusive limited-edition DVD, we are truly the headquarters for all things ‘Twilight’ and we intend to throw great in-store parties that fans will remember for years to come.”
Additional “Twilight”-themed Products
In addition to the DVDs, Borders offers an incredible selection of “Twilight”-themed items, including a Borders exclusive 18-month “Twilight” calendar featuring beautiful movie stills as well as t-shirts, jewelry, posters, bookmarks, an Edward action figure and, of course, the Twilight Saga—“Twilight,” “New Moon,” “Eclipse” and “Breaking Dawn.” All of these “Twilight”-related products are gathered in one sweeping display at the front of our stores that is sure to attract shoppers thirsty for vampire memorabilia.
About Borders Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich., Borders Group, Inc. (NYSE: BGP) is a leading retailer of books, music and movies with approximately 27,000 employees. Through its subsidiaries, the company operates more than 1,000 stores worldwide primarily under the Borders® and Waldenbooks® brand names and offers online shopping through Borders.com. For more information about the company, visit www.borders.com/media.